Morning time plans

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day at the farm

Today we went off the the Hansma farm, to help bring in some of the veggies.

It is so good to get out of the city sometimes and let the kids run free and dig in the dirt for a long time.

Heidi scampered off quickly with friends and when I next saw her she had a riding helmet on and was heading to the raspberry canes. We spied on the lesson of how to pick raspberries,and she rounded the corner with her little hands crammed with bright red juicy fruit and a tell tale red chin. Yum. It's precious to have the chance to do these sorts of things. It makes me hanker for when our raspberry canes grow big enough to produce fruit.

Hope had a happy day too rolling on the picnic blanket under the shade of a tree with William. Emily and I harvested and prepared kale ready for the freezer, a job involving far too many caterpillars if you ask me.

So I have two tired girls, tucked up in bed full of fresh peas and raspberries and carrots. They'll either sleep the night or be up with tummy ache!

I guess this is why it is good to go out occasionally. It saves the poor baby from being dressed up just to make is laugh!

No comments: