Morning time plans

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I have just spent a happy half hour looking at blogs of friends around the world and thought that I should give a little up date on my own. The other thing that I should do (when I figure out how) is to add the links to my blog, so that too can read the things I read!

We are under a fresh blanket of snow, it is getting a little boring now, spring could come any time soon and I would be happy. The temp has plummeted too so that's no fun. I had the nose hair freezing thing again this morning when I was out clearing paths. If you have never experienced it then you should be grateful and make a mental note not to come to Canada in the winter :)

My Mum sent me a card when we first arrived here, with this good advice. Find out what the Lord would have you do, and then defend it at all costs. My largest attacker of this is the discipline to say no and to take the time to do the things that I believe are my roles right now. They are, wife and mother (the two obvious ones) and then.....working as a MK support worker for Wycliffe, communicating with our supporters and starting up a company from home making bunting and some other coordinating accessories.

So there you have it. In black and white. And I really want to follow Mums advice and defend them ie do them, letting nothing steal them away from me, so that I can serve the Lord where he would have me be at this time.

The company is fun....and I hope to have the website up and running soon. We trust that it will allow me to stay at home with Heidi rather than going out to work, but this may change and just be a fun hobby. That will be seen in time.

Will keep you posted.....that's another of the things to defend!

No comments: