Morning time plans

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

“No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me.” Charles Spurgeon


I have been thinking for a little while now, that I need to get organised. More specifically I need some more discipline in my day to day activities.
I always thought that I was laid back and spontaneous and responsive to needs. Now these may be true, however I have come to realise that this is more selfishness on my part, I do not want to commit to a schedule because I want to do what I want to do whenever it pops into my head to do it.
Now don't get me wrong, the things I mentioned above are not wrong in themselves, it is always good to be able to meet peoples needs if a phone call for help comes through, but it is more about my heart and my motivation that is what needs working on. And so I have reached the conclusion that some structure in the day and overall in the week is needed.

So I plan to get myself in some kind or routine, not overkill and not crushing what is the joy of a surprise in a day, but in order to free me to serve my family and to do it with some consistency.
Oh and my Mum will be thrilled too!

More soon about why and how. It is something that needs to be done prayerfully, so I am sure that I am working on the areas that God has set as my priority, not what takes my fancy to schedule into a day! I'm sure that there'll be some amusing bumps along the way.

No comments: